Friday, November 19, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 19 November 2021

 The Mercy Seat


“Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.” (Hebrews 4:16)

 

Today’s Morsel:  How often do you go to the mercy seat?  Do you spend time there daily with Jesus?  Jeremiah tells us, “Remembering mine affliction and my misery, the wormwood and the gall. My soul hath them still in remembrance, and is humbled in me. This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.(Lamentations 3:19-23)  There are usually one of two things that happen at the mercy seat. Punishment or leniency.  But if we will spend much time there in prayer, we will not need to fear when we do wrong and may need leniency.  All we will need to do is approach it with a broken and contrite heart, and I believe that we will find leniency every time. 

 

Sing: Mercy there was great, and grace was free; pardon there was multiplied to me; there my burdened soul found liberty at Calvary.

 

Thought For Today:  Don’t let pride keep you from the mercy seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment