Saturday, November 13, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 13 November 2021

 A Final Appointment


But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.(Romans 14:10-12)

 

Today’s Morsel:  One of the features I like about our I-devices is that they allow my wife and me to sync our calendars so that we can see when each other has an appointment.  Just about everyone who has a phone these days records their appointments.  But sad to say, many folks do not put the time on their calendar that they should be at church, Bible study, prayer, or the place of worship.  Many of them will tell you that they don’t have the time.  Yet sad to say, there is one final appointment that we all will keep with Jesus, and none of us is going to be able to text “Y” to confirm, or “N” to cancel.  None can escape the date or the time.  It’s a mandatory appearance.  Paul says, “For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.”   Sir, Ma’am, we have an appointment.  I pray you are ready for your scheduled date.  

 

Sing:  O’ Lord, You know I have no friend like You.  If heaven's not my home, then Lord what will I do?  The angels are beckoning me from heaven's open door and I can’t feel at home in the world anymore.

 

Thought For Today:  Have you considered eternity lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment