Monday, November 1, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 1 November 2021

                                                        Instructions

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
(2 Timothy 3:16-17)

 

Today’s Morsel:  Some folks do not understand the importance of instructions.  Many will just brush them off and say, “Oh, I didn’t know that’s what you meant.”  Instructions are directions for doing something. For putting things together correctly. And also for helping us to understand.  Solomon states,  Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.(Proverbs 9:9)  Most people who advance with good grades in school and achieve honors are usually those who follow the instructions given to them at the onset of class.  Jesus said, “Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.” (Matthew 7:21)  Will this be because they fail to heed the instructions?  If we fail to do what God’s word says, we are failing to obey instructions.  If I learned nothing else in my 28 years of military service, I learned the importance of following instructions.  Minor details will make you or break you.

 

Sing:  Show me Your way, that I must walk with You, show me your way, that I must live for You.  The cry of my heart is to know You more, to live according to Your plan.  Stronger each day, show me Your way.

 

Thought For Today: “My son, hear the instruction of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother(Proverbs 1:8)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment