Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 10 November 2021

 You Can’t Just Live by Bread Only


Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil. And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred. And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.(Matthew 4:1-4)

 

Today’s Morsel:  One of the biggest fallacies that some people make is to think that they can live off money and wealth.  You can have all the money in the world, but sooner or later you are going to need God.  Money can’t buy you happiness, friends, or health. People may call themselves your friend because of your money, but what will you be when your money is gone?  Just ask the Prodigal Son.  When Satan tried to get Jesus to turn the stones into bread because He was hungry, Jesus quoted to him Deuteronomy 8:3: “And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live.”  You cannot just live off natural bread. Your soul needs the Word of God.  Your inner man needs Jesus, the real bread of life.  “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. I am that bread of life. Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead. This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.(John 6:47-51)  If you are going to live, then you must become a doer of God’s word and not just a hearer.

 

Sing:  Here’s my cup Lord, I lift it up, Lord.  Come and quench this thirsting of my soul.  Bread of heaven, feed me till I want no more.  Here’s my cup, fill it up and make me whole.

 

Thought For Today:I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.(John 6:35)

No comments:

Post a Comment