Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 9 November 2021


  Incense


Let my prayer be set forth before thee as incense; and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.(Psalms 141:2)

 

Today’s Morsel:  Throughout our home, my wife has many Scentsy incense burners.  She used to burn candles, and my pastor would always say, “up in smoke.” (LOL)  One of the last items the priest would encounter prior to entering the Holiest of All was the altar of incense.  It was to be kept burning from the fire taken from the altar of sacrifice.  Therefore, I believe Aaron’s sons were killed when they offered strange fire with their incense.  It was not taken from the altar. (See Numbers 3:4)  From the altar of sacrifice to the altar of incense, the priest would have time to ensure his offering, and the offering for the people would be right.  The altar of incense gave off a sweet smell before God.  Paul writing to the Church at Ephesus, and which applies to our lives, wrote: “Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.(Ephesians 5:1-2)  David said, Let my prayer be set forth before thee as incense.  Let them be pure, holy, sweet smelling, and fervent.  Let my prayer come before thee in such a manner as incense does when it is offered in worship; in a manner of which the ascending of smell is an appropriate sign.  Let them be prayers that are well-pleasing and that will be acceptable by Him.  Do you approach God in your prayers as incense?  The more love you have in your heart for God and others, the sweeter your prayers will be to Him.

 

Sing:  Lord I lift my spirit to Your Spirit, in holy sweet communion.  I sense Your Holy presence as I draw nearer; Lord, I lift my spirit to You.

 

Thought For Today:  The more love you have in your heart for God and others, the sweeter your prayers will be to Him (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment