Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2 November 2021

Hidden Treasures

 

“And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the LORD, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel.” (Isaiah 45:3)

 

Today’s Morsel:  One of the things that I have come to realize about the word of God is that there are many hidden treasures within its pages that must be searched out.  Paul calls them mysteries of godliness.  He told Timothy, “And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.” (1 Timothy 3: 16)  Paul unfolds to us a hidden treasure. Who Jesus was. God in flesh. That’s just one of the hidden treasures in the word of God.  Here’s another, “…That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.” (Colossians 2:2-3) Notice what is hidden in Jesus Christ, all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.  WOW!  If we want wisdom and knowledge, all we have to do is go to Jesus.  Here’s another, “Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.” (John 5:39-40)  God desires to open your understanding to hidden things in His word so that we may have life.  Are you searching the word of God out to find those hidden treasures?

 

Sing:  I saw the light, I saw the light.  No more in darkness, no more in the night.  Now I am happy, no sorrow in sight.  Praise the Lord, I saw the light.

 

Thought For Today: “And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the LORD, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel.”

No comments:

Post a Comment