Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 17 August 2021

 

Don’t Meddle With Contention

 

The beginning of strife is as when one letteth out water: therefore leave off contention, before it be meddled with.(Proverbs 17:14)

 

Today’s Morsel:  When I was a kid living on the farm in the country, it was not uncommon to have a lot of wasps build their nest under the barn shelter where we had to work.  So, being a kid, they always piqued my interest and I wanted to meddle with them.  My mother would always tell  me, "Do not meddle with those wasps they will sting you. " Well, I quickly learned that a hard head would make a sore behind.  Not only from the wasps. but my mother as well.  Solomon states, “He that passeth by, and meddleth with strife belonging not to him, is like one that taketh a dog by the ears.(Proverbs 26:17)  When we thrust ourself in and intermeddle in affairs we have no concern in; and interest ourselves in the cause of the quarrel which we have nothing to do with, we can easily take sides and can get hurt.  Remember, we are called to be peacemakers not to avail ourselves in the arguments of others.

.

Sing:  Peace, peace, wonderful peace, coming down from the father; above, sweep over my spirit forever I pray, in fathomless billows of love.

 

Thought For Today:Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom.(Proverbs 13:10)

1 comment: