Monday, August 16, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 16 August 2021

 

Pride

 

“Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.”
(Proverbs 16:18)

 

Today’s Morsel:  When is the last time you’ve done an inventory to see how much pride has entered your life?  You see, one of the things about maintaining a solid Christian life is that you must take inventory of it or Satan can get in and wreak havoc inside of you.  It is the little foxes that spoil the vine.  You may not think that you have pride, but pride is tricky and sneaky.  Peter was so sure of himself when he told Jesus he would never deny him, but we see that was just pride fronting itself, but he did not recognize it.  When he denied Christ three times before the cock crowed, it ripped his heart.  You must inventory yourself for pride as well as any other workings of the flesh.   If you ever use the words to tell someone that you are humble, you have pride in your life.

 

Sing:  Search me, O God, and know my heart today; Try me, O Savior, and know my thoughts, I pray.  See if there be some wicked way in me; Cleanse me from every sin and set me free.

 

Thought For Today:  “An high look, and a proud heart, and the plowing of the wicked, is sin.” (Proverbs 21:4)

No comments:

Post a Comment