Saturday, August 14, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 14 August 2021

 

Backsliders

 

The backslider in heart shall be filled with his own ways: and a good man shall be satisfied from himself.(Proverbs 14:14)

 

Today’s Morsel:  I had a man walk up to me one day and just out of the blue started to talk with me about religion.  When I asked him where he went to church, he said that he did not and that he was a backslider.  I thought to myself, why would you say such things about yourself.  If you know that about yourself, why don’t you do something about it.  Apparently, he still has a relationship with Christ, as he was still talking about Him and His ways.  So really, he was not a true backslider.  Just because he does not go to the same church does not mean that he is a backslider if he has maintained his relationship with Christ.  A backslider is one that is a backslider at heart, whose heart has departed from the Lord, in whom there is an evil heart of unbelief leading him from the living God, as apostasy begins at the heart and shows itself in one’s life and conversation.  You are not a true backslider if you still love God and keep His commandments.  Why not just come home and enjoy some fellowship.  

 

Sing:  I am covered, covered, covered by His blood, walking by faith, living in love.  I am covered, covered, covered by His blood, Jesus has rescued me!

 

Thought For Today:And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us.(Luke 9:50)

1 comment: