Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 4 August 2021

 Safekeeping

 

I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.” (John 17:6)

 

Today’s Morsel:  When I returned to America from being a missionary, my mother-in-law asked me to take her to the bank one day.  When we arrived, she needed to go into the safe deposit box that she had at the bank.  It was interesting to observe the hoops we had to go through to get to her box.  She had some items that she saw as valuable, and she felt that they would be safer if kept at the bank.  Solomon states, “For I was my father's son, tender and only beloved in the sight of my mother. He taught me also, and said unto me, Let thine heart retain my words: keep my commandments, and live.” (Proverbs 4:3-4)  Notice, let thy heart retain my word.  In other words, keep God’s word in your heart, in a safe.  Solomon also states, but the truth and sell it not. Retain it. The psalmist states, “Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.” (Psalms 119:11)  The most important thing that you can retain in your life is the word of God.

 

Sing:   Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.  Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.  

When I feel afraid and I think I’ve lost my way, still You are right there beside me, nothing will I fear as long as You are near, please be near me to the end.

Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.

 

Thought For Today: “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.” (Colossians 3:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment