Thursday, August 12, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 12 August 2021

 

Maturity 

 

“And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness. But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.” (2 Peter 3:15-18)

 

Today’s Morsel:  I am afraid as I sit and listen in church, I hear people saying and teaching that we are still growing in the Lord.  And I ask myself, when are people going to mature and grow up?  Is the reason many who are struggling in their walk with God and the church due to a lack of maturity because they are being handheld and spoon fed?  As I study the gospels, I see the immaturity of the apostles of Christ during His calling of them and the teaching of them during the first three years, but after the day of Pentecost and them receiving of the Holy Ghost, they seem to have matured and become committed to the things of God.  We do not read any of the original eleven apostles after the Day of Pentecost that received His Spirit who went back from their calling.  I read that they each gave their life for the gospel.  If we never grow up and mature, we will keep struggling in our walk. Meat belongs to them that are of full age. “Therefore, we must leave the principles of the doctrine of Christ and go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. And this will we do if God permit.” (Emphasis mine, Hebrews 6:1-3)

 

Sing:  I am determined to hold out to the end.  Jesus is with me on Him I can depend; For I know I have salvation for I feel it in my soul.  I am determined to hold out to the end.

 

Thought For Today:  Is it time for you to grow up?

No comments:

Post a Comment