Monday, August 2, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2 August 2021

 

Knowledge

 

Talk no more so exceeding proudly; let not arrogancy come out of your mouth: for the LORD is a God of knowledge, and by him actions are weighed.(1 Samuel 2:3)

 

Today’s Morsel:  God knows everything. there is nothing hidden from Him.  As He told Jermiah, “Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.” (Jeremiah 1:5)  David expounded on God’s knowledge when he stated, “O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether. Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.(Psalms 139:1-6)  God knows all persons and things.  He asked Job, “Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge? Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee and answer thou me.  Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare if thou hast understanding.” (Job 38:1-4).  God is omniscience.  Again, as David states, “My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.(Psalms 139:15-16)  Everything that we do will someday be weighed against God’s knowledge.  Paul admonishes us, “For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that everyone may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.(2 Corinthians 5:10-11)  When you stand before Him and He opens the books, will the scales tilt in your favor?

 

Sing: He knows my name, He knows my every thought, He sees each tear that falls and hears me when I call.

 

Thought For Today: To find the knowledge of God, you must seek for it.

1 comment: