Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 3 August 2021

 

Correction

“And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.” (Hebrews 12:5-8)


Today’s Morsel: Most people who read the Bible do not consider that it is not just a book for information, but also a book for transformation.  Throughout its pages are writings and stories for us to see, hear, and make corrections in our lives.  As Paul admonishes us, “Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come. Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.” (1 Corinthians 10:11-12)  Because we are born in sin and shapen in iniquity, God must correct us to get us back on the right pathway.  And He does this through His word and by the preaching of it.  If we are without correction, we are not His children.  You see, a father who does love his children will correct them.  Solomon informs us, “My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD; neither be weary of his correction: For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.” (Proverbs 3:11-12)   Aren’t you glad that Jesus loves you and calls you His own?

Sing:  I am so glad that Jesus loves me, Jesus loves me, Jesus loves me; I am so glad that Jesus loves me, Jesus loves even me.

Thought For Today:  Prepare for a spanking from the Lord every now and then.

1 comment:

  1. Corporal punishment is something the world says is abuse. But the Bible calls it love. I was spanked as a child and now Jesus spanks me every now and then.

    ReplyDelete