Thursday, August 26, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 26 August 2021

 A Contentious Man

 

Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him? But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering. But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.

(1 Corinthians 11:14-16)

 

Today’s Morsel:  Every so often, I will encounter someone who wants to argue with me about my personal stand on scripture and my belief.  They try to get me to say that someone is going to hell because they do not believe what I believe, to which I will often tell them as the apostle Paul said when he told the church at Rome, “For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect? God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.(Romans 3:3-4);  … Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.” (Romans 14:5) I tell them if that is what the scripture means to you then follow that path, you are the one that must stand before God and give an account for your decision and your own life.  But know this, if you are wrong, you will be responsible for your decision.  There will always be contentious men and women, especially in these last days.  And no marvel, Paul states, for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.  Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works. (2 Corinthians 11:14-15)  How will you handle contentious men and women when they come against you?  You should have your mind set and your answer ready now, or you will not be prepared then.  

 

Sing: It’s real, it’s real, I know it’s real, it's this Pentecostal blessing and I know, I know, it’s real.  It’s real, it’s real, I know it’s real, it's this Pentecostal blessing and I know, I know, it’s real.

 

Thought For Today:  “As coals are to burning coals, and wood to fire; so is a contentious man to kindle strife.(Proverbs 26:21)

No comments:

Post a Comment