Thursday, August 1, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 August 1

 Meditation

“Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.” (Psalms 1:1-3)

Today’s Morsel: How much time to do you sit and reminisce on the Word of God? For me, I like to sit and ponder on the things that God has done and has revealed to me to help me learn and to grow. Paul informs us: “For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.” (Romans 15:4) When we meditate on the Word of God, it can bring back hope that we may have lost. Or it can inspire us to do better than what we may think.  In one on my senior military schools that I attended during my military career, the instructor informed us that if at any time during our daily duties we started to feel overwhelmed or stressed we should just sit back, close our eyes, and meditate on something good. And so for me, I would always just close my eyes, sit back, and meditate on the Word or on God.  David seemed to mediate on God often as well. He prayed: “Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.” (Psalms 19:14) What do you meditating upon. Isaiah states: “Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.” (Isaiah 26:3) Spend time thinking on the Lord and meditating on His Word, I guarantee you it will bring you great benefits.

Sing: When I think about the Lord, how He raised me, how He healed me, how He filled me, with the Holy Ghost; When I think about the Lord, how He picked me up and turned me around, how He placed my feet on solid ground; It makes me want to shout, Hallelujah, thank You Jesus, Lord You’re are worthy of all the honor, of all the praise; It makes me want to shout.

Thought For Today: “Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.” (Philippians 4:8)

No comments:

Post a Comment