Saturday, August 24, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 August 24

Commitment

“A Psalm of David. LORD, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in thy holy hill? He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart. He that backbiteth not with his tongue, nor doeth evil to his neighbour, nor taketh up a reproach against his neighbour. In whose eyes a vile person is contemned; but he honoureth them that fear the LORD. He that sweareth to his own hurt, and changeth not. He that putteth not out his money to usury, nor taketh reward against the innocent. He that doeth these things shall never be moved.” (Psalms 15:1-5)

Today’s Morsel: Commitment requires you to have follow through. Marriages fail due to a lack of commitment. People lose their jobs due in part to a lack of commitment. People drop out of school due in part to a lack of commitment. Solomon states: “Now it was in the heart of David my father to build an house for the name of the LORD God of Israel. But the LORD said to David my father, Forasmuch as it was in thine heart to build an house for my name, thou didst well in that it was in thine heart: Notwithstanding thou shalt not build the house; but thy son which shall come forth out of thy loins, he shall build the house for my name. The LORD therefore hath performed his word that he hath spoken: for I am risen up in the room of David my father, and am set on the throne of Israel, as the LORD promised, and have built the house for the name of the LORD God of Israel. And in it have I put the ark, wherein is the covenant of the LORD, that he made with the children of Israel.” (2 Chronicles 6:7-11) Commitment starts with vision and follow through. To reach heaven, we must each have commitment in our lives to get there. Winners always make commitments, while losers oftentimes will not. Ruth committed to Naomi and ended up in the linage line of Christ. Paul committed to Jesus and ended up being one of the greatest apostles who ever lived and is credited with writing thirteen of the New Testament books of the Bible. Daily, we ought to have heaven in view and commitment within ourselves to getting there. 

Sing: I’ve got a made-up mind; I’ve got a final destination; gonna keep on pressing on, to my final destination. Gonna burn all the bridges behind me, break of the ties that bind me; gonna keep on pressing on, till I reach my home sweet home, that New Jerusalem. 

Thought For Today: “For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.” (Hebrews 11:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment