Saturday, August 31, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 August 31

Conduct

“A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.” (Matthew 12:35)

Today’s Morsel: Who are you? What do people say about you? Just who is the man in the mirror? Scripture tells us, “Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life. Put away from thee a froward mouth, and perverse lips put far from thee. Let thine eyes look right on, and let thine eyelids look straight before thee. Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established. Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove thy foot from evil.” (Proverbs 4:23-27) This is one of the reasons why we must keep an eye on our heart. David cautions us: “Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults. Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression. Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.” (Psalms 19:12-14); “Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.” (Psalms 139:23-24) Always remember, our hearts have no secrets that our conduct does not reveal. 

Sing: Search me, O’ God and know my heart today. Try me, O Savior, know my thoughts, I pray. See if there be some wicked way in me, cleanse me from every sin, and set me free.

Thought For Today: “Let not then your good be evil spoken of:” (Romans 14:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment