Friday, August 2, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 August 2

The Living God

“The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and let the God of my salvation be exalted.” (Psalms 18:46)

Today’s Morsel: Throughout Jesus’ early ministry, He kept informing His disciples that He would die, be buried, and rise again on the third day. And we see that according to scripture, that it happened just as He said it would. Therefore, we are not serving a dead God, we are serving a living God. As Paul told the church at Corinth: “Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.” (1 Corinthians 15:1-8) Is your God dead? My God is not dead. Because He lives, we shall live also. Anyone who does not believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ, might as well pack up and live in and for the world. Because there is no hope for those who do not believe in the resurrection of Christ. 

Sing: Our God’s not dead, He is alive, our God’s not dead, He is alive, our God’s not dead, He is alive. I feel Him in my hands, I feel Him in my feet, I feel in my heart, I feel Him all over me; God’s not dead He’s alive.

Thought For Today: “And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.” (John 20:26-28)

No comments:

Post a Comment