Saturday, August 17, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 August 17

Hang in There

“And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.” (Galatians 6:9)

Today’s Morsel: When is the last time you’ve taken a vacation. I’m not talking about going someplace and coming home just as tired as you were when you left. Vacations are supposed to be relaxing and fun. But I have yet to meet anyone who went on their so-called vacation, who did not come back complaining about how tiring it was and how tired they are. They complained about the lines at the airport, the traffic jams they had to sit in, crowded restaurants, the rooms on the cruise ships being too small, and on the list goes. By all indications, they worried themselves tired. For me, I’ve never taken a vacation, because I already know that in the world there is going to be tribulation. And so, when I do go places, I don’t go to relax, I go to see.  Sometimes the hustles and bustles of life just might require you to hang in there. Paul cautions us to not be weary in well doing. Don’t let what you are doing weigh you down. Stay focused and Jesus will see you through.  Have fun! 

Sing: Hold to God’s unchanging hand, hold to God’s unchanging hand. Build your hopes on things eternal. Hold to God’s unchanging hand.

Thought For Today: “But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.” (Acts 1:8)

No comments:

Post a Comment