Monday, August 5, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 August 5

Bless The Lord

“Behold, bless ye the LORD, all ye servants of the LORD, which by night stand in the house of the LORD. Lift up your hands in the sanctuary, and bless the LORD. The LORD that made heaven and earth bless thee out of Zion.” (Psalms 134:1-3)

Today’s Morsel: Have you ever heard the saying: “You reap what you sow?” Well, think about that for a moment. Would you like to be blessed? Then scripture tells us to bless the Lord. Jesus even tells us: “Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.” (Luke 6:37-38) Do you know why I keep telling people that I am blessed and highly favored of the Lord? Because (I’m not bragging) I have made it a habit in my life to always bless the Lord for His great love towards me. You see, I know where I was and what path I was on when Jesus brought me out of darkness into His marvelous light. One foot was already in hell and the other was on a banana peel sliding me into that terrible abyss. “But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved me, Even when I was dead in sins, hath quickened me together with Christ, (by grace I am saved;) And hath raised me up together, and made mesit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward me through Christ Jesus.” (Emphasis mine) Ephesians 2:4-7. If you want to be blessed, then get into the habit of blessing God and others.

Sing: Oh, I will bless the Lord at all times, His praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul shall make her boast in Thee Lord, the humble shall hear there of and be glad. Oh Magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together. I sought the Lord and He heard me and delivered me from all of my fears. 

Thought For Today: “Blessed be the name of the LORD from this time forth and for evermore.” (Psalms 113:2)

No comments:

Post a Comment