Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 July 31

Be Careful of Hidden Sins

“Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults. Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression. Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.” (Psalms 19:12-14)

Today’s Morsel: How often do you examine yourself for sin? Do you ever wonder how David, the man after God’s own heart, and the sweet Psalmist, founded himself violating the commandments of God in a moment of time? Yes, that’s right. His relationship with Bathsheba caused him to violate God’s word. He had failed to realize what Moses had said to Israel about not keeping their word and obeying what God had said: “But if ye will not do so, behold, ye have sinned against the LORD: and be sure your sin will find you out.” (Numbers 32:23). Things haven’t changed in God’s word. When we make a vow to God, we had better pay it. For God has no pleasure is fools. As Solomon tells us: “When thou vowest a vow unto God, defer not to pay it; for he hath no pleasure in fools: pay that which thou hast vowed.” (Ecclesiastes 5:4) Christians should not have hidden sins in their lives. We cannot even become born-again without repenting of our sins, asking God to forgive us of our wrong. Maybe this is why we keep hearing that no one is prefect, folks have hidden sins in their lives. But this ought not so to be. As the Lord said through the prophet Isaiah: “Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil; Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow. Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land: But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.” (Isaiah 1:16-20) When is your next checkup? 

Sing: I came to Jesus weary worn and sad, He took my sins away, He took my sins away. And now on Him I roll my every care, He took my sins away.

He took my sins away, He took my sins away, and He keeps me singing every day. I’m so glad He took my sins away; He took my sins away.

Thought For Today: “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9)

No comments:

Post a Comment