Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 August 13

Loneliness

“As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God? My tears have been my meat day and night, while they continually say unto me, Where is thy God? When I remember these things, I pour out my soul in me: for I had gone with the multitude, I went with them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, with a multitude that kept holyday. Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance.” (Psalms 42:1-5)

Today’s Morsel: One of the things you must be alert to and careful of is loneliness.  Loneliness doesn’t mean that you don’t have anyone around you, it may mean that you have nothing in common with those that are around you. Or you may wish to be able to see those you know and love yet are away currently away from and have not seen for a while.  One of the things we were taught as drill instructors was to always be alert and on the lookout for those new soldiers that seemed to be withdrawn or without excitement and joy in their lives. It is easy for new recruits to start missing loved ones, and friends back home and for loneliness to set in. The same holds true in the church. We must keep an eye on our brothers and sisters to ensure that they are not being drawn into a spirit of loneliness. This can lead to isolation, depression, and even suicide. The psalmist found himself being lonely. And so he began asking himself what was wrong that he was feeling this way. If you will notice, he said that he went to church, he worshipped God, but he wasn’t feeling the presence of God. He wanted to hear God and feel his presence. What about you, are you missing God? Does it feel as though it’s been a long time since you felt the presence of God? Then stir up the gift of the Holy Ghost within you and get back on course and you will be able to lead others to Christ.  We do not need to be lonely in the family of God.  

Sing: Life here is grand, with friends I love so dear, comfort I get from God’s own Word; Yet when I face the chilling hand of death, where could I go but to the Lord?

Where could I go, where could I go; seeking a refuge for my soul? Needing a friend to help me in the end, where could I go but to the Lord?

Thought For Today: “But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,” (Jude 1:20)

No comments:

Post a Comment