Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 August 21

Turn About

“Now when Jesus had heard that John was cast into prison, he departed into Galilee; And leaving Nazareth, he came and dwelt in Capernaum, which is upon the sea coast, in the borders of Zabulon and Nephthalim: That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, The land of Zabulon, and the land of Nephthalim, by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles; The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up. From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” (Matthew 4:12-17)

Today’s Morsel: The first time that I was driving through Texas, I kept seeing these signs that said, “Turn About”. I kept saying to myself, I’ve never seen that sign before. What does that mean? I quickly learned that it was another way of saying U-turn. If you are heading in the wrong direction, God allows “Turn Abouts”. It is called repentance. From the time that Jesus started His earthly ministry, He began to call for people to turn around. And we see this thread throughout the entire New Testament. It’s easy to get on the wrong road when we aren’t paying attention to where we are heading and what we are supposed to be doing. Even in the church, it is easy to think that we are in the right road when things are going good for us, and we just keep going. But revival doesn’t mean that you are on the right road. In the last days God will pour of His Spirit upon all flesh, but when it comes to salvation, Paul said, we must work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. (Philippians 2:12) Do you need a Turn About?  Today is your day to turn around and go in the right direction. 

Sing: When I think about the Lord, how He saved me, how He raised me, and how He filled me, with the Holy Ghost, how He healed me to the uttermost; when I think about the Lord, how He picked me up, and turned me around, and how He placed my feet, on solid ground; it makes we want to shout Hallelujah, thank You Jesus, Lord You worthy, of all the honor and all of the praise. It makes me want to shout.

Thought For Today: “Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land: But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.” (Isaiah 1:18-20)

No comments:

Post a Comment