Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 August 20

Do Over

“And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.” (Colossians 3:17)

Today’s Morsel: Why is it that some folks don’t have the focus and energy to do something right the first time, but they seem to find the time to do it over? I have heard a lot of people when doing certain things, would say, “Well that’s good enough for government work.” But what they fail to realize is shortcuts get people killed. I have seen folks get upset because the announcement comes at their airport gate that their flight is being delayed due to a mechanic problem. Some of them have even looked at me with scorn when I say, “Well, I’m glad it happened down here and not up there.” Pointing skyward. You don’t get a second chance to do it over again when you are in the sky. No matter what we are doing, we ought to get in the habit of doing everything that we do as unto the Lord, and we would feel so much better about ourselves and who we are. “And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ. But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.” (Colossians 3:23-25) Always remember, the life you save just might be your own or some of your loved ones.

Sing: I want to live, the way that He wants me to live; I want to give until there’s just no more to give. I want to love, love till there’s just no more love; I could never, never out love the Lord. 

Thought For Today: “And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;” (Colossians 3:23)

No comments:

Post a Comment