Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 November 7

Be Ye Thankful

 

“And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.” (Colossians 3:14-15)

 

Today’s Morsel: How many people do you know who say that they are Christian and yet they never seem to be happy or thankful? From the time of his conversion to Christ, Paul was a man of gratitude. He told Timothy, “And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry; Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.” (1 Timothy 1:12-13) Paul understood that if it had not been for Christ’s love and mercy, he would have been dead. After that encounter with Christ on the road to Damascus, he found himself blind and not able to see for three days, Paul knew that his life had been spared and he was thankful. I watched many of my comrades returning from Vietnam, when that plane touched down in America and their feet were able to touch America soil, many of them knelt and kissed the ground because they were thankful to be back home in America again. We are commanded by scripture to let the peace of God rule in our hearts, to the which also we are called in one body; and be thankful. Always remember, someone else has it worse than you. A little bit of gratitude goes a long way.

 

Sing: Thank You, Lord, for saving my soul; Thank You, Lord, for making me whole. Thank You, Lord, for giving to me, Thy great salvation so full and free.

No comments:

Post a Comment