Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 November 14

Thy Word

 

“ZAIN. Remember the word unto thy servant, upon which thou hast caused me to hope. This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me. The proud have had me greatly in derision: yet have I not declined from thy law. I remembered thy judgments of old, O LORD; and have comforted myself. Horror hath taken hold upon me because of the wicked that forsake thy law. Thy statutes have been my songs in the house of my pilgrimage. I have remembered thy name, O LORD, in the night, and have kept thy law. This I had, because I kept thy precepts.” (Psalms 119:49-56)

 

Today’s Morsel: How many of you have ever had a jump out of the Bible in the face moment? You know, the word of God just jumps right out of the Bible and smacks you dead in the face? Maybe it was something that you were wanting an answer to, or you were in a conversation with someone about a certain topic, but you couldn’t remember where you had heard it, then smack, dead in the face, there it was, right before your very eyes. The word of God has every answer and solution to every problem we will ever face. If you are lonely, the word of God has the answer. If you are feeling like you are picking low cotton, God’s word has the answer. Maybe you feel like Jacob when he said, all these things are against me. Or maybe you’ve got people telling you to leave the church and things would be better for you, and your head is spinning. Well, the Bible has your answer. Do you know why the Bible has all the answers? Here’s why: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not anything made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men... And the word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.” (John 1:1-4, 14) Why do you think Jesus knows what we have need of before we ask Him? Because He’s God manifested in flesh. If when you were a child, you could believe that Santa Claus knew when you were asleep or awake; then now that you are grown, why can’t you believe that Jesus knows things about you?! Remember the word unto thy servant, upon which thou hast caused me to hope. This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me.

 

Sing: I’m learning how to lean and depend on Jesus, He’s my friend and He’s my God.  I’m learning how to lean and depend on Jesus, I’ve found out that if I trust Him, He will provide. 

No comments:

Post a Comment