Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 November 29

Where Could I Go?

 

“It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him. And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father. From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him. Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away? Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life. And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.” (John 6:63-69)

 

Today’s Morsel: How many people do you have in your life that if you just needed someone to talk to, you could go to? They say that most people can count on one hand how many true friends they ready have. Over the years in my ministry, I have had people ask me to be their mentor. But most of them I never seen nor heard from again. I think that they may think that being their mentor means that I’m to contact them. If you really had a great concern or were facing confusion and misunderstanding in your life, who would you turn to? Would that person be someone that you could truly confide in? When many of Jesus’ disciples misunderstood him, they went away and walked no more with Him. I think that this may be one of the reasons that people backslide and leave the church. They don’t get an understanding for what they hear. Instead of going to the person or the pastor and asking for clarity, they just leave the church and find a reason to justify their decision for leaving. But when Jesus asks the twelve, that He had chosen, if they would go away also, Simon Peter replied, “Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life. And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.” If you haven’t settled this truth in your heart, someone is going to say something that is going to rock your cradle, and you will more than likely leave and walk with Jesus no more.  Settle it now, so you don’t walk away then.

 

Sing: Living below, in this old sinful world, hardly a comfort can afford; Striving alone to face temptations sore, where could I go but to the Lord?

Where could I go, O’ where could I go; Seeking a refuge for my soul? Needing a friend to help me in the end; Where could I go but to the Lord?

No comments:

Post a Comment