Saturday, November 4, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 November 4

Thankfulness

 

“Then she fell on her face, and bowed herself to the ground, and said unto him, Why have I found grace in thine eyes, that thou shouldest take knowledge of me, seeing I am a stranger? And Boaz answered and said unto her, It hath fully been shewed me, all that thou hast done unto thy mother in law since the death of thine husband: and how thou hast left thy father and thy mother, and the land of thy nativity, and art come unto a people which thou knewest not heretofore.” (Ruth 2:10-11)

 

Today’s Morsel: When we show that we are thankful for what others do for us, there is no telling what other doors of opportunity God will open for us. I am of the belief that the more gratitude we display, the more blessings will flow our way. I have seen folks in the church that you buy them a gift, they don’t want it. In some cases, they will murmurer under their breath that they already have that and that they don’t need another one. If you want to see folks who aren’t grateful, play the game of swap the gift at your next Christmas party. Their true colors will come out. Ruth displayed a heart of gratitude when Boaz told her, “Go not to glean in another field, neither go from hence, but abide here fast by my maidens: Let thine eyes be on the field that they do reap, and go thou after them: have I not charged the young men that they shall not touch thee? and when thou art athirst, go unto the vessels, and drink of that which the young men have drawn.” (Ruth 2:8-9) I’m sure she was totally taken by surprise by his kindness. And she was thankful. When she asked him why she had found grace in his eyes, He told her, ‘It hath fully been shewed me, all that thou hast done unto thy mother in law since the death of thine husband: and how thou hast left thy father and thy mother, and the land of thy nativity, and art come unto a people which thou knewest not heretofore.”  This one act of gratitude led her into a relationship with Boaz and ushered her into the bloodline line of both King David, and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. What will your gratitude do for you?  Gratitude is not only the best attitude, I believe it is the only attitude. 

 

Sing: How do I say thanks, for all the things You have done for me, things so undeserved, and yet You gave to prove Your love to me. The voices of a million angels could not express my gratitude. All that I am, or ever hope to be, I owe it all to Thee.

To God, be the glory; To God, be the glory; To God, be the glory, for the things He has done. For with His blood, He has saved me, with His power, He has raised me; To God, be the glory, for the things He has done.

No comments:

Post a Comment