Saturday, November 11, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 November 11

How Do You Seek For Jesus?

 

“And when he was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem after the custom of the feast. And when they had fulfilled the days, as they returned, the child Jesus tarried behind in Jerusalem; and Joseph and his mother knew not of it. But they, supposing him to have been in the company, went a day's journey; and they sought him among their kinsfolk and acquaintance. And when they found him not, they turned back again to Jerusalem, seeking him. And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions. And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers. And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing. And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?” (Luke 2:42-49)

 

Today’s Morsel: If someone were to ask you how they could find Jesus, what would you tell them? Do you know where He is? There are many that are looking for Him because they are in dire need of His help, healing, power, and provisions. But they don’t know where to find Him. Somewhat like Job when he said, “Behold, I go forward, but he is not there; and backward, but I cannot perceive him: On the left hand, where he doth work, but I cannot behold him: he hideth himself on the right hand, that I cannot see him:” (Job 23:8-9)  Job was trying to find God and could not. Jesus told the woman at the well, “God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things. Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.” (John 4:24-26) The Lord said through the Prophet Jeremiah, “And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.” (Jeremiah 29:13) How are you seeking for Him that you can’t find Him? Mary said to Jesus, ‘Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing. And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?”  Jesus said, How did you seek me. You should have known that I would be about my father’s business. If you want to find Him, look for those who are doing His business. 

 

Sing: I come to the garden alone, while the dew is still on the roses, and the voice I hear, falling on my ear, the Son of God discloses.   And He walks with me, and He talks with me, and He tells me I am His own.  And the joy we share, as we tarry there, none other has ever known.

No comments:

Post a Comment