Thursday, November 30, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 November 30

I Am Determined

 

“Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 8:35-39)

 

Today’s Morsel: One of the greatest hinderances to determination is a lack of self-discipline. People just seem to give up too easily. For many, they have not developed the trait of contentment and perseverance. When I was a First Sergeant in the Army, I would have some of my soldiers just drop out of the runs because they didn’t like running or they were just plane lazy. But I quickly rectified the problem. The divisions policy was that every soldier must be able to run 4 miles in 32 minutes in combat boots. So, to ensure that my soldiers met the standard, if they fell out of the run in the morning, I had them report to me at 4:30 pm, when everyone was getting off work, I placed them on a duce & a half truck, and took them out 4 miles, and made them run back to the unit. I did this daily until they disciplined themselves to meet the standard.  It was amazing how it worked.  Jesus asked the question if He is going to find faith on the earth when He comes again? Is He going to find it in you? Is He going to find that you have held to the standards that He has set for you to receive your eternal reward? Is He going to find that nothing could separate Him from you? Have you determined to hold out until the end?  If you are unsure, may I suggest you get someone to load you on the duce & a half, drive you out and you make the run back daily until your faith is built and strong.  You don’t want to miss out when Jesus comes back.  

 

Sing: I am determined to hold out unto the end, Jesus is with me, on Him I can depend; for I know I have salvation for I feel it in my soul. I am determined to hold out unto the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment