Monday, November 27, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 November 27

Thick Darkness

 

“Then spake Solomon, The LORD said that he would dwell in the thick darkness.” (1 Kings 8:12)

 

Today’s Morsel: They say that the darkest hour is just before the day. Solomon said that the Lord said he would dwell in the thick darkness. Sin is associated with darkness, and it is truly thick out there right now. Paul said that “Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.” (1 Thessalonians 5:5) The psalmist states in Psalms 139:11-12, “If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me. Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.”  Jesus came to destroy sin. Again, Paul said, “...But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:” (Romans 5:20)Jesus was accused of associating with publicans and sinner. He was out in the thick darkness. With Christ in you, you are supposed to light up your area of operation and workplaces where darkness is. But if you go to work and complain and murmur like everyone else, you help keep that place dark. God dwells in thick darkness to give them light. And that is you, my friends.  As Matthew wrote: “Now when Jesus had heard that John was cast into prison, he departed into Galilee; And leaving Nazareth, he came and dwelt in Capernaum, which is upon the sea coast, in the borders of Zabulon and Nephthalim: That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, The land of Zabulon, and the land of Nephthalim, by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles; The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up. From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” (Matthew 4:12-17) Come on, let’s get outside in the darkness so that folks can see the light and find their way home.

 

Sing: Every hour of the day dear Lord I pray, let me walk in the gospel light; Let me hold fast to Him so my way won’t grow dim, let me walk in the gospel light.

Let me walk in the light, in the great gospel light, let me walk in the gospel light.  Till my journey is over and I travel no more, let me walk in the gospel light.

No comments:

Post a Comment