Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 5 July 2022

 When Unbelief Bars The Door To Your Promise

And the LORD said, I have pardoned according to thy word: But as truly as I live, all the earth shall be filled with the glory of the LORD. Because all those men which have seen my glory, and my miracles, which I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and have tempted me now these ten times, and have not hearkened to my voice; Surely they shall not see the land which I sware unto their fathers, neither shall any of them that provoked me see it: But my servant Caleb, because he had another spirit with him, and hath followed me fully, him will I bring into the land whereinto he went; and his seed shall possess it.(Numbers 14:20-24)

 

Today’s Morsel: Anyone who has ever been filled with the Holy Ghost should have no doubt with trusting God in their heart. The infilling of the Holy Ghost is the fulfillment of a promise that God made to all present and future people in the world. It is the only thing that will make us His sons and daughters (Romans 8:9). Paul, using Israel as an example for us, wrote: Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; And did all eat the same spiritual meat; And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ. But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness. Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted. Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play. Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand. Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents. Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer. Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come. Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall. There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.(1 Corinthians 10:1-13) Notice, their unbelief destroyed many of them. “And the LORD said unto Moses, how long will this people provoke me? and how long will it be ere they believe me, for all the signs which I have shewed among them?(Numbers 14:11) Don’t allow your unbelief to cause you to miss the promise!


Sing: I’m going to a city, there will be no more night; I’m going to a city, where Jesus is the light.  The trumpets gonna sound and I’ll be called away; I’m going to a city someday.

 

Thought For Today:So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.(Hebrews 3:19)

No comments:

Post a Comment