Thursday, July 21, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 21 July 2022

 When That Which You Were Afraid Of Happens To You

  For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me. I was not in safety, neither had I rest, neither was I quiet; yet trouble came.(Job 3:25-26)

 

Today’s Morsel: They say that when bad things happen to others that we should not laugh, but that we should take notice as those same things could happen to us. The Bible says of Job, “There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.” (Job 1:1) By all accounts, Job practiced righteous living and yet bad things came against him. He said, 'For the thing which I greatly feared will come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me.' When I was in the military, I delivered many death notifications to my soldiers. And with each one, I would ask myself, what will it be like when someone delivers one to me. And so, I prepared myself against that day.  And one day, the Red Cross called, but because I had prepared against that day and settled it in my heart, I was not soon shaken. Are you staying ready for the soon coming of the Lord? Are you prepared for the unexpected? But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ(1 Thessalonians 5:4-9). Get it settled in your heart.  Be prepared for what is to come.  

 

Sing: I’m going to a city, there will be no more night.  I’m going to the city where Jesus is the light.  The trumpets gonna sound and I’ll be called away, I’m going to a city someday.

 

Thought For Today:But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.(Matthew 24:43-44)

No comments:

Post a Comment