Thursday, July 14, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 14 July 2022

 Covering Your Own Sin

And it came to pass, as soon as the kingdom was confirmed in his hand, that he slew his servants which had slain the king his father. But the children of the murderers he slew not: according unto that which is written in the book of the law of Moses, wherein the LORD commanded, saying, The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, nor the children be put to death for the fathers; but every man shall be put to death for his own sin.(2 Kings 14:5-6)

 

Today’s Morsel: Sometimes, when I am witnessing to folks of God’s goodness and salvation, I will ask them if they have been baptized in Jesus’ name. Some will say, yes, my parents had me baptized when I was a baby. I kindly tell them that baptism is for the remission of sins and that babies don't know sin. I tell them that they now must be baptized for their own sins. As Paul says, Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.(Philippians 2:12) No one can cover your sins but Jesus Christ. Your parents cannot die for you, and you cannot die for them, it is every man for himself.

 

Sing: If you will come to Jesus Christ today, He’ll take your sins away, He’ll take your sins away.  And keep you happy in His love each day, He’ll take your sins away.

He took my sins away.  He took my sins away, and He keeps me singing every day! I’m so glad He took my sins away; He took my sins away.

 

Thought For Today: The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, nor the children be put to death for the fathers; but every man shall be put to death for his own sin

No comments:

Post a Comment