Saturday, July 9, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 9 July 2022

 When Death Calls For A Departure

And they lifted up their voice, and wept again: and Orpah kissed her mother in law; but Ruth clave unto her. And she said, Behold, thy sister in law is gone back unto her people, and unto her gods: return thou after thy sister in law. And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God: Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried: the LORD do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me. When she saw that she was stedfastly minded to go with her, then she left speaking unto her.(Ruth 1:14-18)

 

Today’s Morsel: Ruth is a story of being willing to let go of the past and reach forth to the future. It would have been easy for Ruth to turn back to her own family. But she chooses to remain with her mother-in-law Naomi. Even though death called for a departure, Ruth chose to cleave to Naomi. Maybe she realized how much Naomi would need her. Even though death calls for a departure, the bereaved may still need you to stay around. Naomi may have died an old woman with depression, loneliness, and a broken heart had it not been for Ruth. Let me encourage you, don’t let death cause you to depart from your family. God may desire to use you for His kingdom there.

 

Sing: I'm so glad that I’m a part of the family of God, I've been washed in the fountain cleansed by His blood; joint heirs with Jesus as we travel this sod; I’m so glad that I’m a part of the family of God.

 

Thought For Today: Death shall not have dominion over you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment