Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 12 July 2022

 God’s Way Is Perfect

For by thee I have run through a troop: by my God have I leaped over a wall. As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him. For who is God, save the LORD? and who is a rock, save our God? God is my strength and power: and he maketh my way perfect. He maketh my feet like hinds' feet: and setteth me upon my high places. He teacheth my hands to war; so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms.” (2 Samuel 22:30-35)

 

Today’s Morsel: A lot of the Psalms written by King David can also be found in the books of Samuel and Kings. 2 Samuel 22 is also found in Psalms 18. Therefore, we can see its importance to our reading and lives. David states that God’s way is perfect. There is no inequality nor unrighteousness with God. He causes it to rain on the just and the unjust. What He does for one He does for another. Paul told Timothy of God: “It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.” (2 Timothy 2:11-13) God can’t deny who He is. Some people will cry that God isn’t fair. Define fairness in God’s eyes and you will probably find that your definition doesn’t measure up to what Hdefines as fairness. As the psalmist wroteIf thou, LORD, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand? But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared.” (Psalms 130:3-4)  If you really want to see the perfectness of God, then you must become like Him. Are you complete within yourself?

 

Sing: There is none like You, no one else can touch my heart like You do.  I can search throughout all eternity long and find, there is none like you.

 

Thought For Today: “Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.” (Matthew 5:48)

No comments:

Post a Comment