Saturday, July 30, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 30 July 2022

A New Heart

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.(Ezekiel 36:26-27)

 

Today’s Morsel: One of the things that the new birth should have brought you was a new way of thinking and acting. Our old hard and stony heart should now be a heart of flesh. It should now be soft and ready to receive the word of God so that we may grow and be like Christ and His word. When God gives us a new heart, our outlook on life should be changed by the way we live, act, and conduct ourselves. We should now be walking worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God (Colossians 1:10). And now we should be doing exactly what He asks us to do. Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before, This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.(Hebrews 10:15-17) The Holy Ghost is our witness that we have received our new heart.

 

Sing: I’ve been changed, I am newborn now, all my life has been rearranged.  What a difference it made when the Lord came to stay, in my heart, O’ yes, I’ve been changed.


Thought For Today: “My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise.” (Psalms 57:7)

No comments:

Post a Comment