Monday, July 25, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 25 July 2022

 Sin Is Unprofitable


“And so I saw the wicked buried, who had come and gone from the place of the holy, and they were forgotten in the city where they had so done: this is also vanity. Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil. Though a sinner do evil an hundred times, and his days be prolonged, yet surely I know that it shall be well with them that fear God, which fear before him: But it shall not be well with the wicked, neither shall he prolong his days, which are as a shadow; because he feareth not before God.” (Ecclesiastes 8:10-13)

 

Today’s Morsel: I don’t know about you but for me, it is easy to get angry and upset with some folks when I see laws being passed that destroy our way of life and morals, and individuals don’t know who they are, and the demonstrators in the streets not knowing for what reasons they are demonstrating, and many are being accused of being racist when they are not.  Suicide is on the uprise, schools have lost their meaning of being educational institutions, and appointed judges can’t define words, and homes and families are falling apart.  When I see all this, the more I realize just how valuable Jesus’ statement was from the cross when He said, “Father forgive them for they know not what they do.” We must pray for these that their hearts will be changed as these are signs of hardness of heart.  Solomon said, because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil. Though a sinner do evil an hundred times, and his days be prolonged, yet surely I know that it shall be well with them that fear God, which fear before him. But it shall not be well with the wicked, neither shall he prolong his days, which are as a shadow; because he feareth not before God.”  I know the end state based on the word of God. Sin is unprofitable. So stay away from sin and from all its ways.

 

Sing: Though my friends turn me down and the world on me frowns, let me walk in the gospel light.  Till I reach heaven shores where I’m tempted no more, let me walk in the gospel light.

Let me walk in the light, in the great, gospel light, let me walk in the gospel light.  Till my journey is over and I travel no more, let me walk in the gospel light.

 

Thought For Today: For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.(Romans 6:23)

No comments:

Post a Comment