Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 7 Jun 2022

 Life’s Failures

And all the congregation lifted up their voice, and cried; and the people wept that night. And all the children of Israel murmured against Moses and against Aaron: and the whole congregation said unto them, Would God that we had died in the land of Egypt! or would God we had died in this wilderness!(Numbers 14:1-2)

 

Today’s Morsel: Sometimes, I wonder what was going through the minds of the children of Israel. I say that because they never seemed to get to the point where they believed and trusted in God. Right on the doorstep of their promise, having seen how God had delivered and fought for them, and yet they still did not believe. Failure is like that. If you don’t think that you are able or that you can, you will not succeed. Thomas Edison said that many of life’s failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.  Peter must have been close to Jesus when he took his eyes off Him and put them upon the waves for him to cry out Lord save me, and for Jesus to immediately stretched forth his hand, and caught him. (Matthew 14:29-31) And even though Peter did walk on water, he’s still classified by many as failing.  You can stop life’s failures if you keep trying to succeed. 

 

Sing: Aren’t you getting just a bit tired of fooling around? You try to act your way through life but you aren't gaining ground. Why not try the Lord today, just ask Him in your heart to stay, and you’ll find Jesus love to be the best thing that you’ve ever found?

Jesus got a hold of my life, and He won’t let me go. Jesus got into my heart He got into my soul.  I use to be oh so sad; but now I’m happy free, and glad.  Cause Jesus got ahold of my life, and He won’t let me go.

 

Thought For Today: “Failures are just stepping stones to success.” (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment