Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 29 June 2022

 Bookworm

 Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.” 

(1 Timothy 4:13)

 

Today’s Morsel: With the I-devices now being owned by almost everyoneseldom do we see anyone with a book in their hands anymore. Students read their assignments online through e-books or podcasting. There are many people who have never stepped inside of a library to check out a book or to just go into the library, sit and read a book. Abraham Lincoln states, The day you stop learning is the day you stop leading. John states: And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.” (John 21:25) What is the last book you read? How often do you read your Bible? Did you know that the Bible is just basic instructions for your life? But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying, I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.” (Matthew 22:31-32) Let me encourage you as Paul did Timothy. Keep reading and studying until Jesus comes, and you won’t miss the ship.

 

Sing: I’m gonna take a trip, on that good Old Gospel Ship, I’m going far beyond the sky.  I’m gonna shout and sing until the heavens ring, when I’m bidding this world goodbye.

 

Thought For Today: The Ethiopian Eunuch found salvation because he was a bookworm.

No comments:

Post a Comment