Friday, June 3, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 3 Jun 2022

 Half Dead

And Jesus answering said, A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead.(Luke 10:30)

 

Today’s Morsel: One of the things you will find out about Satan is, that he doesn’t have the power to kill you. If he could have killed Job, he would have. He only has the power to wound and hurt you, and to cause you to suffer. You see, if he kills you, then he can’t really serve his purpose in your life.  You see, when you are wounded or hurt or suffering, it requires someone else to care for you, which may put their faith in jeopardy, too. This is one of the reasons why in real war, if you become a POW, your enemy tries to brainwash, hurt, and abuse you because you will become noneffective against him. When you are half dead, you have no energy to do anything for Christ or anyone else. Therefore, as Jesus told Peter, “Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.(Luke 22:31-32) Always remain alert to your surroundings.  Be stronger and more alert than the enemy that is attacking you.  

 

Sing: I am determined to hold out to the end, Jesus is with me on Him I can depend.  For I know I have salvation for I feel it in my soul; I am determined to hold out to the end.

Satan, he was angry, said he’d soon be back, just let the path grow narrow and he will lose the track.  But I’m so full of glory my Lord I always find, and I just say to Satan, O’ man get thee behind.

I am determined to hold out to the end, Jesus is with me on Him I can depend.  For I know I have salvation for I feel it in my soul; I am determined to hold out to the end.

Thought For Today: Don’t let  Satan get an advantage over you: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment