Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 1 Jun 2022

 Afflictions

 “Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.” (Psalms 34:19)

 

Today’s Morsel: Do you struggle with afflictions? How do you handle hardships, illness, miseries, and suffering? Do you feel like quitting when they come? Or do you look them in the face as Job did and say, “Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him?” (Job 13:15) Or maybe you are like Paul when he said, “Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.(2 Corinthians 12:10) If we can’t endure hardness as good soldiers we may be missing something.  Scripture says in Exodus 1:12 that the more the Egyptians afflicted the Israelites the more they multiplied and grew. Paul again tells us, “For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.(2 Corinthians 4:17-18) Jeremiah states, “Remembering mine affliction and my misery, the wormwood and the gall. My soul hath them still in remembrance, and is humbled in me. This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.(Lamentations 3:19-23) God's compassions and mercies are new every morning.  Just think, the suffering of this present time is not going to be compared to the glory which shall be revealed in us.

 

Sing: For the God on the mountain, is still God in the valley, when things go wrong, He’ll make them right.  And the God of the good times; is still God in the bad times, and the God of the day, is still God in the night.

 

Thought For Today: Don’t sweat the small stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment