Saturday, June 11, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 11 Jun 2022

 Sometimes It Is Expedient To Forget What You Know

 “There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews: The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him. Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.(John 3:1-8)

 

Today’s Morsel: One of the most essential things that I had to do to become born again according to the scriptures was to forget what I knew about religion and to see it through the lens of the Bible for myself and not what I had been taught by man. A lot of what I had been taught in the church that I had grown up in made me feel good and gave me a basic understanding of religion, but I was not taught the true way of how to be born again according to the scripture. But once I chose to forget what I had been taught and investigate the Bible for myself and obey what I read and saw, then and only then did I see the correct way how to be born again the way that Jesus and the apostles had taught. Even Nicodemus realized that his teachings and what he had been taught were off course. When was the last time you investigated scripture to see if you are born again according to scripture? Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.(Matthew 7:21)  Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.(Acts 2:38) Are you in accordance with scripture?

 

Sing: Born again, there has been a change in me, born again, just like Jesus said. Born again and all because of Calvary, I’m so glad that I’ve been born again.

 

Thought For Today: “For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light.(Psalms 36:9)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So correct. I'm learning that I have some unlearning to do.

    ReplyDelete