Friday, June 24, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 24 June 2022

 Sing Again

“Sing, O barren, thou that didst not bear; break forth into singing, and cry aloud, thou that didst not travail with child: for more are the children of the desolate than the children of the married wife, saith the LORD.” (Isaiah 54:1)

 

Today’s Morsel: I do not know about you, but I love to sing. Even if I cannot carry a tune in a bucket, I love to sing. Sometimes I make up words to songs and my wife will say to me, that is not how that song goes. I say to her, yes, I know, but the scripture says sing unto the Lord a new song. (humor) One of the things I have learned about singing is that it helps me stay focused on Christ, and to remain motivated throughout the course of my day. I believe that Jesus even loved to sing also. Scripture says, “And when they had sung an hymn, they went out into the mount of Olives.” (Matthew 26:30) I wonder what they sang? My mind often floods with many songs which would bring Him glory. Such as: Sweet Hour of Prayer, In the Garden, Precious Memories, I’ll Rise Again, and Lamb of God. Whatever your song is that brings you joy and contentment in Him, sing it and sing it repeatedly.  Jesus inhabits the praise of His people.

Sing: Jesus is the sweetest name I know, and He’s just the same as His lovely name.  That’s the reason why I love Him so, because Jesus is the sweetest name I know.

Thought For Today: “Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him, talk ye of all his wondrous works.” (1 Chronicles 16:9)

No comments:

Post a Comment