Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 22 June 2022

 The Resurrection

“Then said Martha unto Jesus, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died. But I know, that even now, whatsoever thou wilt ask of God, God will give it thee. Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again. Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day. Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.” (John 11:21-27)

 

Today’s Morsel: Some folks have become confused by the term ‘The resurrection.’ Even Martha, the friend of Jesus, whose brother Lazarus had died thought that Jesus was speaking of the future not knowing that He was speaking of the present. But those of us who are born-again of the water and the Spirit according to scripture, should not be confused as we are termed the children of God and the children of the resurrection (Luke 20:36). Not only was Jesus Christ God manifested in the flesh but was also the resurrection and the life (1 Timothy 3:16: John 11:25). Therefore, those of us who have been baptized in His name, and who have received His Spirit have taken part in the first resurrection and are now the children of the resurrection. And this should be an encouraging word to our ears whenever we hear it mentioned. As John states: “Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ and shall reign with him a thousand years.” (Revelation 20:6) Are you planning on reigning with Christ during the thousand-year millennial reign? Then you must be baptized in His name and filled with His Spirit now. For if any have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His (Romans 8:9). Are you a part of the first resurrection which is Jesus Christ?

 

Sing: Baptize me, Jesus, with the Holy Ghost.  I shall have power, Your word says so. Satan is busy trying to turn me around, but I’m determined to stand my ground; but I can’t do it, I can’t do it, until You baptize me with the Holy Ghost.

 

Thought For Today: Are you a child of the resurrection?

No comments:

Post a Comment