Saturday, June 18, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 18 June 2022

 The Glory Of Children

Children's children are the crown of old men; and the glory of children are their fathers.(Proverbs 17:6)

 

Today’s Morsel: Tomorrow we will celebrate Father’s Day. As an author and one who has tried to author books to help men grow and become better husbands, fathers, and brothers, when I am trying to encourage ladies to buy a book for their husbands or sons, many of them will say to me, My husband or my son does not like to read. I wish they would, but they will not. When such comments are made to me, I am saddened. Abraham Lincoln states, “The day you stop reading is the day you stop leading.” One of the most rewarding things for a child is when their fathers lead from the front and will instruct them in the ways of God and life. Superman, Batman, Spiderman, and other cartoon heroes should never be a child’s glory or hero. It must be their fathers. Solomon said that the glory of children are their fathers. In other words, if they are wise and good men, it is an honor to their children that they have descended from them; and they are not ashamed to own up to that relationship with them, but they glory in it. And ye fathers, Paul said, provoke not your children to wrath(anger): but bring them up in the nurture (education and training) and admonition (a mild rebuke and warning) of the Lord.(Ephesians 6:4) Come on Dads, let us be the fathers our children and grandchildren seek!  Never stop learning and never stop leading your family.  

 

Sing: Heavenly Father, I appreciate You. Heavenly Father, I appreciate You. I love You, adore You, I bow down before You.  Heavenly Father, I appreciate You.

 

Thought For Today:Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.(1 John 3:2-3)  

No comments:

Post a Comment