Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 14 June 2022

 Patience

“In your patience possess ye your souls.” (Luke 21:19)

 

Today’s Morsel:  Probably the most overlooked attribute of the Spirit is patience or long-suffering. It came with the Spirit, but for some reason, many do not use it for its intended purpose. You know, we have the Bible which gives us examples of everything that Jesus wants us to Be-Know-Do. James tells us: “Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.” (James 5:11) He says that we’ve all heard about Job. We know the end of Job’s story, how God shows Job exceeding great compassion and loving-kindness. The story of Job sets the example of patience for us, if for no other reason so that we can see that God will come through for those who love Him and will wait for Him. If we do not develop this trait quickly in our lives, we may lose our soul.  Patience, learn it early in your life.  

 

Sing: I lean on You Lord, I lean on You Lord, for the things that I need I lean on You. When I don’t know just what to do, I’ve got the faith You’re going to see me through, you supply my every need and I lean on You.

 

Thought For Today: “My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.” (James 1:2-3) 

No comments:

Post a Comment