Monday, June 13, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 13 Jun 2022

 

Setting the Example

Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.

(1 Timothy 4:12)

 

Today’s Morsel: Not only do the scriptures command us to be obedient, but it also commands us to set a good example before others. If we say that we are born-again, the Holy Ghost that is in us came with the attributes that cause us to do exactly that. Paul told Timothy to be an example of the believer. And then he tells him what he must be an example of. In the word: Live your life before others as the word says. In conversation: Be on your best behavior all the time. In charity: Let Christ’s love be seen in your actions and conduct. In spirit: Maintain a good mental disposition. Don’t be a hothead; maintain a good attitude. In faith: Let your life reflect that you believe and trust God no matter what you are facing or going through. In Purity: Always maintain good dress and appearance, and refrain from all appearances of evil. Are you a good example?  I hope so because that is what we are commanded to be.  

 

Sing:  I want to live the way He wants me to live, I want to be the best that He wants me to be. I want to shine, shine like He wants me to shine, so that others will see Him in me. (Parker)

 

Thought For Today: Let not then your good be evil spoken of(Romans 14:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment