Saturday, June 4, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 4 Jun 2022

 Mind Check

That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.(Ephesians 4:22-24)

 

Today’s Morsel: When I was a Drill Instructor, one of my favorite sayings to my trainees after a period of instructions was, “Mind check.” In other words, did you get what I just taught you, and do you understand? And they would reply if they had, “All clear, Drill Sergeant!” Paul’s writings and teachings to the church, like Jesus, would cause many to question what he was teaching. When Jesus told his disciples, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you." Scripture says, “Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, this is an hard saying; who can hear it? When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?(John 6:53, 60-61) I have seen people get up and walk out of the church for things that I was preaching because it was not what they wanted to hear. But if they had stayed and gotten an understanding their minds would have been clear and they could have had a better relationship with Christ. Let me encourage you, that the next time someone is teaching, don’t be too quick to leave. You just might miss out on what you came looking for. Mind check!

 

Sing: I’ve got a made-up mind, I’ve got a final destination, going to keep on pressing on, to my final destination.  Going to burn all the bridges behind me, break all the ties that bind me, going to keep on pressing on, till I reach that home sweet home, that New Jerusalem.

 

Thought For Today: Is your mind all clear?

No comments:

Post a Comment