Monday, June 20, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 20 June 2022

 What Counts

“But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith”  (Philippians 3:7-9)

 

Today’s Morsel: Which is more important to you, a good career or eternal salvation? If you observe folks today, it seems as though eternity is nowhere on their radar screen. Funerals do not even faze them anymore. They have no clue that one day they too must go that way. I have heard that there is now a generation which call themselves ‘The Nones.’  Those who have no knowledge of God, the church, or the Bible, no knowledge of these whatsoever. That means that they have no knowledge of what really counts or really matters in life. Paul states that what things were gained to him, those he counted loss for Christ. Yea doubtless, and he counts all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom he had suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that He may win Christ, And be found in him, not having his own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith. Paul was willing to lose to gain. Jesus asked, For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?(Mark 8:36)  What’s really important to you? Is it Christ or the world? Or is it heaven or hell? And believe me when I tell you that both are eternal.

 

Sing: Jesus be the center of it all, Jesus be the center of it all, from beginning to the end, it will always be, it has always been You Jesus, Jesus.

From my heart to the heavens Jesus be the center, it’s all about You, yes, it’s all about You. From my heart to the heavens Jesus be the center, it’s all about You, yes, it’s all about You.

 

Thought For Today: For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?(Mark 8:36)

No comments:

Post a Comment